Monday, June 2, 2008

Have I Gone Too Far?

Have I gone to far with this blog? Do I reveal too much of my personal life? Have I offended or discussed topics that are off limits?

These are questions that I am asked and some in my life have just straight out said in so many words that I violate my own right to privacy by exposing too much of myself on the blog!

I have always been a very outspoken chick (thanks Fannie, that's all you right there) and have learned in the past 5 years to march to the beat of my own drum. All my life I have never really "fit it" - I have been too black for whites, too white for blacks, to homo for heteros, too shallow for the deep, to prissy for the down-to-earth, too phony & plastic for the serious - ALWAYS TOO DAMN FAR LEFT! A few years ago I decided to embrace who I am, hate it or love it yall.

My rationale is since I am being watched, like borderline stalked by haters waiting to report something juicy like "Erin has nipple rings" or "we saw Erin wearing latex paint and an eye patch sodomizing Captain Kangaroo in the Nordstrom's shoe department".....that I might as well put it all out there for the world to see, so here it is:

I am bourgeoisie, materialistic, a shopaholic, a gossip, uber fun, silly, intelligent, stubborn, a bit of a lush, forgetful, naive, stuck up, shallow, free-spirited, kind, and bitchy all at the same time on any given day. I am not ashamed of my life, my life experiences, the woman that I am, and the woman that I am growing into. From my sexuality, to my period of homelessness, my love of kinky sex, being raped, spending 3 night and two days in jail, growing up in Lake Parsippany, my need to seek validation from those I love, drooling and farting when I sleep, being kicked out of Hampton University TWICE, my obsessive compulsive disorder with my hair, and my deep obsession with shoes - it is what it is! By sharing my life experiences I take the power away from those that attempt to cause me harm by revealing the so called "secrets".

I know that there are women who can relate to some, if not all, aspect of my life even if no one ever admits it.

Thank you for accepting me as I am and continuing to read about how I evolve from day to day! (this is better than any of my therapy sessions, LOL)

Sincerely,
Erin Danielle Bush
Since 1977

PS - And a special loving thanks to you who I mention on the blog, you are not as comfortable as I am at being so exposed. I know you want me to fall back in an attempt to protect me from further scrutiny, I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!

1 comment:

  1. Hey sis,
    No, you have not gone too far. Write on!
    Luv,
    Sis Vanessa a.k.a. Food Lover

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing your thoughts - be honest ladies: