Monday, April 28, 2008

Aren't We All a Little Crazy?

Sorry for the lack of postings last week......VA came to NJ and it's always SO much to do when we are here - my family, her family, my friends, my cats, etc. But I am back bitches!!! (wink)
So I started typing this at the beginning of last week but never finished. Wouldn't you know that a "situation" occurred that fell right in line with this story, LOL - here it is:

In Herschel Walker’s newly released book, Breaking Free, he reveals the struggles he had with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), also formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder, and how he coped with more than a dozen personalities that almost led him to take his own life. Cindy Grossman, Walker’s ex-wife, was married to the Georgia standout for 16 years before she even knew about Walker’s condition. Walker’s revelation of his disorder in his new book sheds some light on what went on in their marriage. She said:

‘Well, now it makes perfect sense, because each personality has a different interest. There was also a very sweet, lovable [personality]. That’s the one he told me I married. He told me I didn’t marry Herschel and the next thing I knew, he just kind of raged and he got a gun and put it to my temple.’

Now, at first glance you might immediately want to question how Cindy's dumb ass didn't know that her husband had just a few different mofos floating around in his head - but let's chop this up.....aren't we all sprinkled with a dusting of DID? (I know a few of all yall need to be raising your hand along with me! LOL) I know that not only do I have multiple personalities but I can display multiple personalities in one single conversation on the right day!!!

I have not named these personalities but I most certainly can point them out depending on what I say or how I feel - I can be bitchy, giddy, an intellect, your cheerleader, display insecurity, be a bit jealous, flirty, etc in a matter of 30 minutes! (damn, I do sound a bit crazy) Hell, sometimes I don't even know which one I might get, LOL.

One of these unnamed personalities surfaced on Sat night while we were dining at my favorite restaurant in the city. My Boo has a horrible habit of being attached to her phone all day and all night (work, family, friends) even during meals so I have created one rule regarding the phone - no calls or texts while we are sitting down to eat. Don't yall know that she had the nerve to answer that phone AND hold a convo during dinner!!!!! (it was an important call, I found that out at the end of the night - yeah, way after I acted a fool) When I tell you that I lost it yall, I LOST IT!!!!! (and we all know how dramatic I can be) All of a sudden I stormed out of the restaurant and it was on and poppin' in the Envoy on Bleecker St! I was so angry I don't even remember what I said but I pissed her off so much that she was racing through the streets of NY to get to the Holland Tunnel like we were riding in a stolen car! LOL


And don't you know that I was BACK to Erin by the time we hit 280?!!?

When the smoke cleared Sun morning and after some much needed makeup sex (wink) we talked about the "situation" and that raving beast with the foaming mouth that I had become has now been named LINDA BLAIR! (by the way - she called Linda her one night stand and requested to never see her ass again! LOL LMAO LOL LMAO)


Now, I know this must qualify as DID on some level and I KNOW that someone out there can relate to me. (don't leave me hangin yall)

Smooches and DID Quick Claps!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing your thoughts - be honest ladies: