Monday, September 8, 2008

Breast Cancer Myth


Myth:
Wearing an underwire bra increases your risk of getting breast cancer.
Reality:
Sometimes I feel like my bra is killing me. Not literally, of course: Just poking or binding me or making itself known in ways that are extremely annoying. If I didn’t think it would alarm the neighborhood kids or my coworkers, I would go braless all the time.
Claims that underwire bras compress the lymphatic system of the breast, causing toxins to accumulate and cause breast cancer, have been widely debunked as unscientific. The consensus is that neither the type of bra you wear nor the tightness of your underwear or other clothing has any connection to breast cancer risk.
Smooches & Underwire Quick Claps

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing your thoughts - be honest ladies: