Black nail polish was ALL the rave last fall/winter (even though it really did NOT work for most who tried this fad) but this year ladies we need to evolve to a more sophisticated level with subtle, pretty tweaks of color. Does that sound confusing and unspecific? Well don't worry, in the world of Passion For Pretty I provide you with the needed information to make responsible, fashion-conscious decisions! : - ) PLEASE NOTE, deep-toned polish looks best on short manicured nails and as a fabulous pedicure color instead of long, acrylic claws! (no offense to you all who are still slaves of the acrylic)
1. My favorite of ALL is Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Tulipe Noire, it's a shimmery garnet (my birthstone - that's January 15th ladies so start shopping for my gifts now) with a brilliant luster.
$19 - chanel.com
2. I am also partial to L'Oreal Paris Nail Polish in Stroke of Midnight. (the TOP pedicure color on this list and the least expensive) This is a deep raisin color, rich and smoky - this is the best color for pale skin and lighter skinned individuals.
$5 - local drugstores
3. Essie happens to be my favorite line of nail polish! New this fall is Material Girl. (giving homage to Madonna) One coat gives you a translucent burgundy and two coats creates a beautiful eggplant shade.
$8 - essie.com or Trade Secret Stores
4. Creative Nail Design Polish in Hyde In The Dark. Very sultry, metallic, deep grey with tiny flecks of glitter. (and remember ladies, GREY is the new black this fall)
$6 - creativenaildesign.com
5. This last one is not for the weak of heart! OPI Nail Lacquer in Light My Sapphire is a rich storm-cloud blue is a stunning, original color and the polish really lasts.
$8 - opi.com
Go enjoy and spread this information, it is your duty as a Fashionista!
Until tomorrow - Smooches, Quick Claps, and Much Love,