Monday, December 8, 2008

Michelle's Inaugural Gown Options - some girls have ALL the luck!


Posted by Picasa


Top designers are ready, willing, and certainly able to outfit our Fashionista First Lady for the Inauguration next month! I was eager to see some of the options so I searched, and searched, and searched until I found some design pics....kinda stalker-ish of me but I know you all appreciate it! (wink)


Anywho, above are the top 4 designs that I fancy (side bar - Betsey Johnson came up with a horrid red, white, and blue frock that instantly made me think 1987 taffeta prom dress - eeeeek):


1. Carolina Herrera's soft green Grecian gown is elegant and would flatter the First Lady's muscular frame nicely.


2. Isaac Mizrahi's fruity colored dresses for the Michelle and the girls, I love the raspberry, tangerine, and cherry colors but feel that the dresses are too casual - more appropriate for Sunday Brunch than an evening of glamour.


3. Monique Lhuillier's gown is exquisite, feminine, and screams old Hollywood glamour...and not to mention that the ruby tone would highlight her skin perfectly!


4. Christian Lacroix shut it down with this dress that is oozing sophistication and speaking the language of fabulosity!


I know that Michelle normally wears low heels as to not tower over Mr. President but hell, this is a special occasion and this is her debut as a Fashion Icon in the making - I suggest she choose the Lacroix gown and pair it with these Sergio Rossi, crystal covered, ankle-strap, 4" heels of dazzling delight! (sorry Mr. President)








Smooches & Inaugural Fashion Quick Claps

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing your thoughts - be honest ladies: